SALT & ENSON PARISH COUNCIL

    Meeting Held on Wednesday
    3rd May 2017 at 7.OOpm at Salt Village Hall

    Minutes

    Public open forum — no members of the public were present

    1.    To elect a Chairman and Vice Chairman 
    Cllr J Taft was proposed, seconded and agreed by all present as Chairman 
    Cllr B Clancy was proposed, seconded and agreed by all present as Vice Chairman 


    2. Attendees and Apologies 

    Attendees:       Chairman: Cllr B Clancy Cllr I Wimshurst Cllr J Taft 
    Cllr D Clancy Cllr R Walls Cllr D Scott Cllr P Scott 

    Clerk Mrs L Horritt 

    Apologies: None received

    It was noted that it was County Councillor Len Bloomers last
    day in office, a card was signed by all members to send to him to thank him for
    his hard work during his terms as County Councillor for the area.

    3. Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests relating to items on the agenda 
    Cllr Walls and Cllr B Clancy informed the Council of their positions on the village hall committee,

    they decided to abstain from any vote on village hall funding due to their involvement in both. 

    4. Election of Other Officers 
    Representative to Parish Councils Association — Cllr B Clancy
    Representative to Village Hall Management Committee — Cllr B Clancy

    Publicity and website officer — Cllr D Clancy 

    5.   Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 1st March 2017 

    This was agreed as a true and correct record by all present.

    6.   Matters arising from those minutes (for information only)
    The Clerk updated the Council about the laurel bushes outside the church which have now been cut back.

    7. SPCA Exec update by Cllr B Clancy
    Cllr B Clancy updated the meeting — the County Council reduction of amenity services as mentioned in March will continue and Parishes are being asked to consider what roles they may take. It was noted that tatutory duties will continue by SCC, but that areas may look a little shabbier following the withdrawal of some services.

    The Clerk has been involved in the task and finish group with SPCA and SCC who are currently working on a microsite to provide information to parishes.

    8. Devolution of amenities and reduction of services by Staffordshire County Council
    This was discussed as part of item 7 as the SPCA Exec are heavily involved in this process.

    9.  Approval of standing orders, financial regulations and risk assessment as circulated Members had reviewed the documents which remain unchanged. It was resolved to approve these.

    The Clerk noted that the revised date requires updating on the website. Cllr D Clancy to action.

    138/17

    10. To receive Financial Statement and Clerks Report

     (i)To approve financial payments, receipts and transfers To be paid:

                 Paid To                                  De tails                                                         Amt          VAT                  Total to pay

    SPCA Annual Subs 128.00 128.00
    L Horritt OffEe Ex s   35.54    35.54 
    I Zurich Insurance         349.81 349.81 
    C Heelis Internal Audit   37.50   37.50 
        0.00

    TOTAL         €550.85
     (ii) Clerk's rate of pay from 1 st April 2017

    This will remain at SCP20 and reflects the nationally agreed rise from 1 st April.

      (iii)Pension arrangements ref auto enrolment

    The Council have written to the Clerk about auto enrolment,tThe clerk is under the limit for auto enrolment and has previously confirmed

    she does not wish to make pension contributions via the Parish Council.

     (iv) To agree the Annual Governance Statement
    this was read out by the Clerk and approved by the Council.

     (v) To agree the Accounting Statements for 2016/17

    This was read out by the Clerk and approved by the Council  (vi)Village Hall roof and funding

    This is moving forward. The Biffa grant has moved onto the
    next stage which is promising. The Village Hall Committee have had confirmation
    this week that they have been successful in their bid to awards for all which
    will pay for a new kitchen.

    11. To discuss Highways
    and NHT Issues and note any requiring reporting

    No
    additional items were raised. The Clerk updated the meeting about the gully
    emptying which is still in the system. Some workmen were seen in Salt last
    month but the Clerk has been unable to find out why they were there and the
    original work remains incomplete.

    12. To discuss planning applications received

     None received.

    13. To review correspondence received

     Correspondence to be circulated.

    14. To inform attendees of dates of future meetings

     Next meeting Wednesday July 5th 2017 at 7.30pm.

    15. Meeting
    Close  The meeting closed at 7.50pm

    Signed: B Clancy 
    Chairman        Clerk: Lisa Horritt                    Date:05:07:2017

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    SALT & ENSON PARISH COUNCILMeeting Held on Wednesday 1st March 2017 at 7.30pm at Salt Village Hall

    Minutes
    Public open forum – no members of the public were present
    Attendees and ApologiesAttendees:     Chairman: Cllr B Clancy            Cllr I Wimshurst    Cllr J Taft    Cllr D Clancy            Cllr R Walls        Cllr D Scott                    Cllr P Scott            Clerk Mrs L Horritt  Apologies: None received

    To accept Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests relating to items on the agendaCllr Walls and Cllr B Clancy informed the Council of their positions on the village hall committee, they decided to abstain from any vote on village hall funding due to their involvement in both.
    To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 4th January 2017This was agreed as a true and correct record by all present.
    To review matters arising from those minutesAll items are included on the agenda.
    To receive SPCA Exec update by Cllr B ClancyCllr B Clancy updated the meeting – the next meeting is next week. She updated the meeting about the event hosted by Staffordshire County Council which was attended by the Clerk and Cllrs B and D Clancy. The event was about developing a community based approach to many Highways matters as SCC have to save £2 Million pounds each month during 2017. They are spending 85% of the funds they get in on social care and services elsewhere will be cut. Environmental maintenance such as hedge cutting, gully clearing, grass cutting and many other services will see reductions. It was agreed to hold an open meeting for residents once more details are known on this.
    To discuss congestion on B5066 and safety issues Speed monitoring data has been received, it has indicated there is a small percentage of vehicles speeding on Sandon Bank which will not result in any further action by Safety Road Partnership. It was agreed to carry this item forward until the new County Councillor takes up position in May and then contact him/her for a site visit to discuss the issues.
    To discuss BKV, potential entry and actions requiredIt had been discussed during several meetings of groups in the village. It was felt that many changes to the BKV format made it a much bigger event including features and banners which Salt felt as a small village they aren’t able to offer due to the limited available space through the village. It was noted they weren’t keen on the competitive nature of the competition and agreed they may consider doing a “Salt in Bloom” style event instead.
    To discuss music festival at Sandon Hall – reported by resident, query about potential noise and traffic
    It appears that this is part of the Sandon Food Festival which will be held at the end of May. It was noted that Salt are likely to hear noise from the event but legal limits of 60db are unlikely to be breached. The Parish Council noted that they used to be informed of these type of events by Stafford Borough Council – Clerk to follow this up.
    To receive Financial Statement and Clerks ReportTo approve financial payments, receipts and transfers
    Cheques agreed Clerk Salary £269.97, Office Exps £76.34, SPCA Planning Training £35, Village Hall Hire £72, Cllr Clancy Ink £25.99. Agreed by all present.
    The following donations were also agreed following requests from the groups: Compass Magazine £50, Salt Friednship Club £100, Salt and Hoption PCC £400, Village Hall Roof fund £1500. It was also further agreed that a letter be sent to the Village Hall Committee confirming that this amount and the £600 donated last year can be used towards the Biffa bid, as the Village Hall committee cannot use the money for this purpose without agreement. Clerk to write.Bank account for reserves – to transfer funds
    The new account is now open.  It was agreed to transfer the current reserve balance of £3830 to the account.To confirm amenity visits for 2017
    It was agreed to request 3 visits this year. All 3 visits are payable as the third free visit has been removed by Stafford Borough Council. It was agreed to monitor this to see how well all three visits are used and assess for 2018.To discuss the Village Hall roof and funding
    This had been agreed under payments.

    To discuss Highways and NHT Issues and note any requiring reportingFlooding has returned on Willowmore Bank during the heavy rain. This was expected until a longer term solution can be found. Issues raised by the visit of Rob Steele and Len Bloomer which remain unresolved were also raised. Clerk to write to SCC.The overgrown Laurels outside Allmande were raised, this is causing some issues to vehicles parking near the church. Clerk to contact letting agents.
    To discuss planning applications receivedNone recieved.
    To review correspondence receivedCorrespondence to be circulated.
    To inform attendees of dates of future meetingsNext meeting Wednesday May 3rd 2017 at 7.30pm. This meeting includes the Annual Public meeting and it was agreed to invite representatives from Salt Village Hall, Friendship Club and Neighbourhood Watch to present information to residents.
    Meeting Close                        The meeting closed at 8.35pm

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    SALT & ENSON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING  Held on Wednesday 4th January 2017 at 7.30pm at Salt Village Hall
    Minutes
    Attendees and ApologiesAttendees:     Chairman: Cllr B Clancy            Cllr I Wimshurst        Cllr D Clancy            Cllr R Walls        Cllr D Scott                    Cllr P Scott            Clerk Mrs L Horritt  Borough Councillor F BeattyPublic: Mr and Mrs     Apologies: Cllr J Taft, County Councillor L Bloomer.



    To accept Declarations of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests relating to items on the agendaNone required
    To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 2nd November 2016This was agreed as a true and correct record by all present.
    To review matters arising from those minutesAll items are included on the agenda.
    Public Participation
    To receive SPCA Exec update by Cllr B ClancyCllr B Clancy updated the meeting – the next meeting is March. Information about the reduction of amenity highways maintenance was reported and Cllr Clancy passed information about this to Councillors. She also noted information that had been given about Devon County Council who have a road warden scheme.
    To discuss congestion on B5066 and safety issues Speed monitoring strips were installed for 10 days during October/November. They show that there is not a significant issue with speeding along Sandon bank – only 3% of cars travelling the road were over 60 mph. This means that the area is not assessed as requiring further speed visits such as camera vans or other measures.It is believed that speedwatch would not be suitable on a 60mph road.The Clerk has also confirmed with Councillor Bloomer that the area does not meet the criteria for reduction to 40mph. Clerk to confirm why.The Clerk had received an email from Mr Gillespie about the issues in the Rock cutting and the safety concerns.The Clerk will also chase up the query about the weight limit on the bridge which is with SCC as the Canal and River Trust informed the Council that SCC had told them a weight limit could not be imposed on the bridge due to emergency access.Cllr Walls reported that there had been less traffic passing through the village since the new signs had been erected on the A51.
    To discuss burning of agricultural waste in fields in SaltIt was reported that one of the farmers had been burning large amounts of waste at the border of their property which has affected the health of residents in 2 properties close to the boundary. The environment agency have been informed by one of the residents and they requested that this be monitored. The waste has now been moved and hopefully this issue resolved.
    To receive Financial Statement and Clerks Report To approve financial payments, receipts and transfers
    Cheques agreed £96 TGM Grass cutting 2016, Clerk salary £269.97, Office Exps £42.35, Printer Ink £49.75, Plants for flower tower £13.17. Agreed by all present.To agree budget 2017/18 and preceptIt was agreed to increase the precept to £6190 with concurrent funding of £360. Councillors wished to reflect concerns relating to the loss of the Neighbourhood team, issues of SCC reducing the services ref Highways, the threat of capping and also the potential loss of the Council Tax support grant. On this basis it was agreed to raise the precept to allow the Council continue to react to these challenges.Bank account for reserves – update
    A letter requesting a new account has been sent. No further correspondence has been received Cllr Clancy to speak to the bank to resolve the issue.Clerk to register for telephone banking – Cllrs to approve
    The Clerk noted that as she is not a signatory it is becoming increasingly hard to speak to the bank about queries and issues. It has been suggested that if the Clerk is registered for telephone banking this will allow her to make general enquiries. This was approved by all present.To discuss the Village Hall roof and funding
    This was deferred to the next agenda. Cllr Walls and Clancy will confirm at the next meeting that the village hall still hold the funds allocated last year for the roof – this is confirmation for the Councils records to ensure the money remains ringfenced.

    To discuss Highways and NHT Issues and note any requiring reportingNo additional issues reported.
    To discuss planning applications received16/25419/HOU – Casey Cottage, Salt – Garage extension, remodel of driveway and new entrance gates. The Parish Councillors had no objections to the plans.Applications for housing around Beaconside – 700 and 2000 houses. Cllr Frances Beatty noted that she had responded to these, infrastructure should preceed the housing. She also felt there were issues with supply of services such as high speed broadband.
    To review correspondence receivedCorrespondence to be circulated. Two letters of thanks had been received from children who were given the Queen’s birthday mugs, these were read to Councillors.
    To inform attendees of dates of future meetingsNext meeting Wednesday March 1st 2017 at 7.30pm.
    Meeting Close                        The meeting closed at 8.45pm
    Signed:
    Chairman                                                                     Clerk:                                      Date:

     
















































































































































































     









































































































































































































     
























































































































































































































































































































     

     

     




















































































































































































































































































































































































































     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

       


















































































































     

























     





















































     












































































    .

     



























     














































































































































































































    cbr />


















































    %3